I could eat sushi every. single. day. So when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to make last night for dinner, I decided on a sushi bowl! It’s healthy & delicious and full of all my favorite stuff. While I’m not usually the biggest tuna fan, this was the only sashimi grade fish they had at the store I was at & I had my heart on making this bowl.. so tuna it was! Next time I’m definitely going to use salmon though. Combined with the crunchy cucumber, creamy avocado, and edamame plus rice- well, it’s the perfect bite!
The best thing about this dish is it takes about as long as your rice takes to cook. While the rice is cooking, prep everything else and you’re good to go. It almost too easy!
Spicy Tuna Sushi Bowl
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sambal (chili garlic sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ pound sashimi grade Tuna, cut into small bite sized pieces
- brown rice – make however much you want
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- Cook rice according to manufacturers directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sambal, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and minced ginger.
- Add the chopped tuna. Stir to mix and set aside to marinate. I ended up cutting mine even smaller once I started to eat it.
- Scoop desired amount of rice into a bowl.
- Top with cucumbers, avocado chunks, and edamame.
- Top each bowl with desired amount of spicy tuna and spoon some of the sauce over the top.
I was so excited about eating this bowl that I forgot I wanted to make spicy mayo to put on top too. Oh well, there’s always next time!
If you’re a sushi lover like me then I highly suggest trying this recipe out! It’s the perfect weeknight dinner or even a great bring to work lunch!