Well it’s been a hot minute! I’ve been so busy these last few weeks that I really haven’t had any time to post!
Life has been c r a z y since our little ball of fluff came into the picture! While I’ve wanted a puppy forever (aka I literally asked for one every single day for as long as I can remember), it was kind of a spur of the moment decision to actually go out & buy him.. we were planning on a Christmas puppy. #BestPurchaseEver. Needless to say, it’s been a little chaotic while everything falls back into place to our new normal. I have to say though, I’m absolutely loving every minute of being a fur mom… minus when Bruin goes all land shark on me. I still can’t believe that he is really mine! Having a puppy is lots of fun but equally lots of work. No complaints though, I knew what to expect. I can’t wait until he is fully vaccinated so we can finally take him on adventures! We’re hoping to take him up the mountain this weekend 🙂
How’s training for Philly going? It’s not. I’ve barely been running at all and when I do it’s for a slow 2-3 miles. The run in the morning before work routine ((that I worked so hard to get back into)) was thrown out the window when we got Bruin. Again, I’m not complaining but rather being real about what’s going on in my life right now. It’s practically impossible to get out there when I wake up since I need to take care of him first. Also, I still don’t feel too comfortable leaving him alone yet. If you’ve been following my blog, you know how much I loathe running after work therefore it’s really not an option because I know myself and know I won’t be consistent. You see the problem? What it all boils down to is I’m backing out of running the Philly marathon too. As much as I wanted to run it, I needed to be realistic about if I was going to put in the proper training and I knew I wasn’t. I might but just making excuses but I’ve got a different mindset right now… puppy brain! I’ve already beat myself up about this decision but I figured I should share on here because my blog is mostly about running after all.
I haven’t wrote about where I’m at in my veggie journey in a while and that’s because I’ve been eating meat again. I feel like a huge hypocrite but I’ve come to accept it. After deciding that going totally plant-based wasn’t for me, I started to realize the lifestyle that I was trying so hard to live just wasn’t working for me anymore like it was in the beginning. I just didn’t feel good like I did at first. I knew needed to listen to my body which meant including meat back in my diet. It was a hard decision to come to as I was struggling internally with it for weeks. I was driving myself ((and my boyfriend)) crazy going back and forth with what to do. Finally, after just over 6 months of not eating meat, I took the plunge and have been eating it again ever since. Call me what you want but I’m just being honest & open about my experience. I’ve learned a few things from this:
- It’s really important to listen to your body even if it’s something you don’t want to do.
- I still do not agree with the meat and dairy industry whatsoever. It’s unacceptable the way animals are being treated.
- I tried something out that didn’t work for me & I really shouldn’t beat myself up over it.
- I’ve expanded my cooking skills & food knowledge. There’s so many delicious meat-free recipes that I will 100% continue to cook up… especially this bad boy!
- I don’t need to eat animal products at every meal.
- I find myself always checking out & considering the vegetarian options at restaurants.
- When I do choose to eat meat, I’ve been trying to choose the best quality & go as local as possible -> living in Vermont makes this pretty easy.
- I’m addicted to cheese & never going to be able to live without it.
- I will probably revisit vegetarianism again in the future.
I’m working on a few projects on top of all of this, so as you can see, I’ve been pretttttty busy! Until next time!