I was tagged by Meredith @ I’m Running With Erasers for this fun little ‘How I Run Q&A’! Check out her answers here 🙂
1. Would you rather run on a beach path or a mountain trail?
I love the beach. I love the mountains. Before I moved to VT, I only lived 15 minutes away from the beach. While the lake is great, man do I miss the ocean. So, 100% would rather run on beach path at this point in time!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
I would put the $100 towards a new watch. I’m using the Nike + GPS Watch right now and I’m almost certain it’s inaccurate.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan, or wake up and decide how far and fast you want to go?
I love being in training & following a training plan. With that said, if I’m not training for anything specific, I still like to have a plan for the week as far as distances but pace doesn’t matter as much to me in my ‘off time’.
5. Would you rather start your run with an uphill and end with a downhill, or start with a downhill and end with an uphill?
6. When you can’t run, what kind of cross training do you choose to do?
Elliptical & lots of stretching!
7. What is your preference: out-and-back, point-to-point, or loop?
I do love this out-and-back run though
8. If you could recommend any running gear or items to a new runner, what would it be?
A good pair of shoes are most important! Followed by a good pair of running bottoms & glide (life.saver.)
9. Do you see any animals on your runs?
Dogs, squirrels, birds. I usually stop to pet any dog that I pass. Not gonna lie, sometimes while I run, I think about the insects that are crawling around and if it feels like there’s an earthquake when I pass by them. Ya, I’m a weirdo.
10. Ever gotten lost while on a run?
Oh yes. I now know how to navigate the areas that I got lost in but that was fun…
11. If you could have one meal ready and waiting for you at home after each run for the next 30 days what would it be?
12. Capris or shorts? which do you run in most?
Capris! Mainly because I only have 2 pairs of running shorts that I like to run in but about 15 pairs of capris.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into a run do you feel like your body is completely warmed up?
I would say between mile 1-2 I start to feel fully warmed up. It’s not until about mile 3.5 that I finally feel ‘in the groove’.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I put them on the top of my car’s front wheels OR if I have my camel back I keep them with me.
15. If you could relive any race that you’ve done in the past, what would it be?
VCM 2014 -> my first marathon. While I’ve ran 4 since then, a few with friends and a PR, nothing beats crossing that finish line for the first time. Instant addiction.
16. What type of run is your lease favorite?
Recovery runs! I know how important they are and do run them when I’m supposed to but I always want to push it to the limit!
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or go somewhere to start?
It really all depends. For my morning runs, I’ve just been leaving right from my front door, mainly because I don’t have time to go drive somewhere. For my long runs, I usually drive somewhere.
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or just an annoyance?
I’ve never ran with sunglasses before but I bet it would be a life changer!
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Knowing that I’m working for something & I use some mantras to keep myself going. My favorite is mind over matter. Also, chances are I’m far away from my end point so I have to keep going….
TAG, YOU’RE IT -> If you want to participate and answer these questions on your blog, please tag me so I can read your responses!
Heather @ Heather Runs Fast
Amy @ The Tiny Terror
Shawna @ Run This Apple