I’m linking up with Mar @ Mar on the Run, Cynthia @ You Signed Up for WHAT?!, and Courtney @ Eat Pray Run, DC for a Friday Five post! Similar to What I Ate Wednesday, these posts are hosted by some awesome bloggers & has gone viral on many of the blogs I read on a weekly basis so of course I had to hop on the bandwagon! There are themes for each Friday for the remainder of the summer so join in next week if you want but don’t forget to link up and thank these lovely ladies for hosting! Here is what the topics are until 9/4:
7/3 – 4th of July!
7/10 – 5 Fitness Trends I’ll Never Try
7/17 – Favorite Race Swag
7/24 – Favorite Summer Drinks
7/31 – 5 Race Day Surprises
8/7 – A Day in the Life
8/14 – 5 Running Tips
8/21 – 5 Things I’ll be Doing in 5 Years
8/28 – 5 Things I Did This Summer
9/4 – 5 Fall Races
This week we’re looking at 5 Favorite Summer Drinks… here we go!
- Ice Water -> Duh! This is my favorite drink no matter the time of year but it’s even more appreciated during the hot, humid summer months. How cool is the below ice cube tray?!
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade or Fresh Pressed Juice -> Yum! Nothing like a freshly squeezed lemonade from the farmers market. Lately I’ve been into freshly pressed juices as well. I got the best one last week: watermelon, pineapple, mint, & aloe. Super refreshing and so worth the money. I’m thinking about investing in my own juicer..
- Fruit Smoothies -> These hit the spot in the summer heat! Frozen fruit + coconut water or soy milk = the key to happiness!
- Seltzer -> My office has a mini fridge stocked with a variety of flavors for employees to drink as they please. Not gonna lie, when I first started working here, I took FULL advantage of this perk. While I tend to much drink less of it nowadays, sometimes you need some bubbles in your belly! (I just went in there to take a picture but too many of my co-workers were eating lunch and I didn’t want to be a creep LOL!)
- Iced Green Tea -> For when the mornings are dragging and I need some kind of caffeine boost! My favorite is Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon.
My boss sent me these beautiful flowers to work this morning. She works remotely from FL! It’s always exciting when you get a “you have a surprise at the front desk” email from the receptionist 🙂
What’s your favorite summer drink?
P.S.- Thanks again to Mar, Cynthia, & Coutrney for hosting!
P.P.S.- I hope you all have a great weekend <3